Have questions about Johnson's?
We have answers!
Below you will find answers to some of the most common questions we get. We want your trip to Johnson's to be a complete success. Please visit our contact page to call us or to send us an email if you have more questions.
Our garden center opens in April and our fun farm typically opens around June kicking off with Strawberry Time!
Yes. Our festival weekends are one admission fee for everyone ages 2 and up. If you just want to pick, we are open on the weekdays for most produce for a $3 entrance fee.
Johnson’s is not funded by any city parks or rec divisions. We welcome you onto our land to enjoy the blessing of owning the land and enjoy how we have stewarded the blessing of owning the land. The admission cost helps to cover all the overhead insurance, worker’s living wages and yearly improvements you will enjoy.
Boy oh boy! It would be easier to explain what is not included. Your U Pick produce, concessions stand, and retail store items are not included in the entrance as well as the train and the produce cannons. The jump pad, jump pillow, triple slide, challenge course, corn box, corn maze (fall), duck races, Johnson’s village, blue choo, tram rides to the field, goat village, pipe swing, pedal karts and more are all included for the price of $8 per person.
Buckets are provided in our U Pick fields. Visit our U Pick page for details on u pick produce prices.
PICK YOUR OWN FRUIT AND VEGGIES WHILE SOCIAL DISTANCING
Johnson’s Family Farms will be opening our fields at our Hobart location for UPICK this June starting June 13th! With plenty of fresh air and wide-open space, it will allow for visitors to select and harvest their own essential produce directly from the fields while maintaining social distance. Admissions to pick your own produce on a weekday is $3 per person. Children UNDER 2 are FREE. Tractor-wagon rides to the fields are included with admission.
The following Safe Operating Procedures will be followed to ensure the health and safety of our staff and team members.
- If you have a cough or fever, or are feeling sick DO NOT enter the farm
- A safe, 6-foot social distance MUST ALWAYS be maintained and will be required. 2 rows between separate groups while picking
- Hand-washing stations and portable restrooms will be provided throughout the farm
- Brand new, single use, containers will be provided for our customers
- All items picked must be taken by the customer and purchased
- Produce MUST NOT be touched or picked unless purchasing
- All tractor-wagon rides and equipment will be regularly sanitized
- All surfaces, counters, and fun farm equipment will be sanitized regularly throughout the day
- NO ANIMALS (except service animals) will be allowed on the farm at this time. PETS WHOSE FUNCTION IS TO PROVIDE COMFORT OR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT (ESD) DO NOT QUALIFY AS A SERVICE ANIMAL UNDER THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY ACT. SERVICE DOGS WALK BESIDE THEIR HANDLER. THEY DO NOT BARK, SNIFF, JUMP, VISIT, URINAT OR DEFICATE WHILE WORKING. THEY ARE NOT HELP BY THE HANDLER. WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY PETS WHOSE FUNCTION IS NOT THAT OF A SERVICE ANIMAL.
- We may limit UPICK admissions at any time to maintain a safe social distance experience
- $3.00 UPICK on weekdays. $8 UPICK on weekends (with fun farm access). Children under the age of 2 are free!
- Certain Fun Farm activities will be closed on weekends due to COVID-19 and being unable to sanitize.
- Wednesday mornings 8AM-10AM will be offered for those who are more susceptible and are seniors. We ask that our customers respect those who are more nervous to get out and come after 10am.
The UPICK fields will be open Daily Starting June 13th (Weekends have access to the fun farm) and on the weekdays until the season is over! We will be open everyday Monday-Saturday from 8am-7pm and on Sundays from 8am-6pm! Please check the pricing for more information. Weekend pricing includes access to the fun farm activities and is more than weekdays. Even if you are not using the fun farm activities the entrance fee on the weekends will still be $8.
Weekend Festivals All Season Long!
Good Info To Know - U Pick, Festival and Fun Farm Policies
- All guests visiting our U Pick fields are responsible for paying admission as well as paying for what they pick.
- Please pick only from the areas marked for picking. Do not enter fields nor pick from areas designated “not ready for picking”. Visit our “what can I pick today” page for current availability and refer to signs while on the farm.
- Dogs are not permitted at any time.
- The U Pick fields can handle foot traffic, but not cars—so please, no driving onto the fields during festival weekends. Our U Trams operate on a continuous loop during operational hours. Loading and unloading onto the wagons takes place at designated areas only. Please ensure you are at a proper location for pick up by following the posted signs.
- Bags and vehicles may be subject to search.
- Guests and visitors of Johnson’s Farm Produce visit the fields or participate in activities at their own risk.
- Photographs taken on the farm are property of Johnson’s Farm Produce and inherent permission is implied.
- Keep a safe distance from tractors and farm machinery as we are a working farm.
- Use trash cans and recycling bins to help keep our farm clean.
- Keep your children safe and help them keep the farm in its finest condition. No climbing, throwing, stepping on crops, or entering animal pastures.
Our prices are subject to change without notice.
All admission sales are final. We do not offer refunds or exchanges. We do not offer refunds due to weather. All activities subject to change without notice due to weather conditions. This farm is a smoke free environment. We do not allow smoking in the fields, orchards, market, or tented areas.
ALL visitors, guests, and customers of Johnson’s Farm Produce park and participate in all farm and U Pick activities AT THEIR OWN RISK.