Strawberry Fun Farm Weekend
June 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 27th & 28th
Strawberry U Pick, Kid's Fun Farm, Delicious Seasonal Treats
It’s one of the sweetest traditions in Northwest Indiana.
Celebrate the magic of summer weekends at our Strawberry Fun Farm Weekends. We offer strawberry U Pick, kids activities galore at our Fun Farm, and a delicious variety of strawberry treats. There’s nothing quite like our sweet, juicy, fresh-picked strawberries.
Plan a day at Johnson’s this summer. We have activities and food for the whole family to enjoy.
PICK YOUR OWN FRUIT AND VEGGIES WHILE SOCIAL DISTANCING
Johnson’s Family Farms will be opening our fields at our Hobart location for UPICK this June starting June 13th! With plenty of fresh air and wide-open space, it will allow for visitors to select and harvest their own essential produce directly from the fields while maintaining social distance. Admissions to pick your own produce on a weekday is $3 per person. Children UNDER 2 are FREE. Tractor-wagon rides to the fields are included with admission.
The following Safe Operating Procedures will be followed to ensure the health and safety of our staff and team members.
- If you have a cough or fever, or are feeling sick DO NOT enter the farm
- A safe, 6-foot social distance MUST ALWAYS be maintained and will be required. 2 rows between separate groups while picking
- Hand-washing stations and portable restrooms will be provided throughout the farm
- Brand new, single use, containers will be provided for our customers
- All items picked must be taken by the customer and purchased
- Produce MUST NOT be touched or picked unless purchasing
- All tractor-wagon rides and equipment will be regularly sanitized
- All surfaces, counters, and fun farm equipment will be sanitized regularly throughout the day
- NO ANIMALS (except service animals) will be allowed on the farm at this time. PETS WHOSE FUNCTION IS TO PROVIDE COMFORT OR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT (ESD) DO NOT QUALIFY AS A SERVICE ANIMAL UNDER THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY ACT. SERVICE DOGS WALK BESIDE THEIR HANDLER. THEY DO NOT BARK, SNIFF, JUMP, VISIT, URINAT OR DEFICATE WHILE WORKING. THEY ARE NOT HELP BY THE HANDLER. WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY PETS WHOSE FUNCTION IS NOT THAT OF A SERVICE ANIMAL.
- We may limit UPICK admissions at any time to maintain a safe social distance experience
- $3.00 UPICK on weekdays. $8 UPICK on weekends (with fun farm access). Children under the age of 2 are free!
- Certain Fun Farm activities will be closed on weekends due to COVID-19 and being unable to sanitize.
- Wednesday mornings 8AM-10AM will be offered for those who are more susceptible and are seniors. We ask that our customers respect those who are more nervous to get out and come after 10am.
The UPICK fields will be open Daily Starting June 13th (Weekends have access to the fun farm) and on the weekdays until the season is over! We will be open everyday Monday-Saturday from 8am-7pm and on Sundays from 8am-6pm! Please check the pricing for more information. Weekend pricing includes access to the fun farm activities and is more than weekdays. Even if you are not using the fun farm activities the entrance fee on the weekends will still be $8.
U Pick Trams
Hop aboard one of our U Pick Trams! We will be happy to drop you off and pick your up when you are ready to head back to the market. We are no longer allowing vehicle traffic into the fields on festival weekends in order to preserve our fields.
The Fun Farm at Johnson's
Fun Farm Weekends are also the only time our Fun Farm is open. Our new Fun Farm is brimming with activities for the entire family to enjoy.
- Train Rides
- Pedal Cars
- Fruit & Veggie Cannon
- Goat Village
- Challenge Course
- Jump Pad & Pillow
- Pipe Swing
- Johnsons Town
- Triple Slide
- Corn Box
- Tram Ride
- Fun Tunnel
- Barnyard Twister
- Straw Mountain
- Blue Choo
- Fun Inflatables
Plan a day of fun on the farm with your friends and family at Johnson’s. Don’t miss out! Our festivals are only on specific weekends.
Festival admission is $8.00 per person and includes access to the U Pick fields, jump pad, jump pillow, obstacle course, pipe swing, triple slide, pedal karts, blue-choo, tram rides, goat village, Johnson’s town, and corn box.
Train rides and produce cannons are extra.
The admission helps to cover overhead, insurance, workers’ living wages and yearly improvements. We are not funded by any state or federal agency. We welcome you onto our farm to enjoy how we have stewarded the blessing of owning the land.
There are no rain checks. We unfortunately cannot control the weather. Money will not be refunded due to poor weather. Pets are not allowed on our property, sorry for an inconvenience.
Just want to pick strawberries? Our strawberry U Pick fields will be open Monday-Friday until the season is over. There is a $3 entrance fee per person for our U Pick service on weekdays. Visit our Strawberry U Pick page for more information.