Strawberries - Blueberries - Raspberries - Blackberries - Vegetables
Pick your own produce at Johnson's Farm in Hobart, Indiana.
U Pick Info To Know
Bring the whole family, and teach your kids how their food is grown, and just how delicious fresh-picked can be.
We always suggest you give us a call at (219) 962-1383 to be sure we have produce available.
During weekdays, you’ll drive your car out to the designated U Pick field. Park your car and grab a few of our buckets before walking through the field to pick. Upon returning to the farm entrance we check your car and calculate your total. You pay by the bucket.
Tips for U Pick Success
- Wear sunscreen & hats
- Bring your own water
- Wear gym shoes with socks
- Bring you own containers for blueberries
U Pick At Our Hobart Location Only
U Pick Prices
Weekdays: $2 per person admission fee.
Strawberries – $10 per bucket. Each bucket holds approximately 4 quarts or 5-6 lbs.
Blueberries – $2.50 per lb. Bring your own containers.
Raspberries – to be announced
Blackberries – to be announced
Vegetables – Prices vary by produce. See store associate for details.
Strawberry season starts in early June!
Strawberry U Pick fields are open Monday – Friday until the season is over.
Have you ever wished you could pick out every single strawberry yourself, making sure you had the sweetest, juiciest berries, picked just the way you like them? Well, you can at our family farm in Hobart, Indiana.
Buckets are available in the field. Fill 5 buckets and get the 6th bucket FREE! Each bucket holds approximately 4 quarts or 5-6 lbs.
Blueberry season starts in early July!
Blueberry U Pick fields are open Thursday-Monday until the season is over.*
Nutritious and delicious blueberries just waiting to be picked. Nutritionists tell us that there are few foods better for our health than the blueberry. You can pick your own at Johnson’s Farm Produce.
*Thursday, Friday and Monday the U Pick admission fee is $2 per person. Saturday and Sunday the U Pick admission is $8 per person and includes a variety of fun activities for the entire family. Visit our Blueberry Festival page for more information.
Raspberry & Blackberry
Raspberry & Blackberry season starts in early August!
U Pick for raspberries and blackberries is only available on Saturdays and Sundays in August as part of our Raspberry Festival.*
Our berries have a distinctive, rich and full flavor that is perfect for jams, jellies, and frozen desserts.
*Admission is $8 per person and includes a variety of fun activities for the entire family. Visit our Raspberry Festival page for more information.
Vegetable U Pick availability varies through the season. Visit our What Can I Pick Today page for current info.
Head out to our vegetable garden to pick farm fresh produce for your family. We plan to grow a wide variety of produce including:
- Beets (golden, red, white)
- Brussel Sprouts
- Cauliflower (purple, white)
- Sweet Corn
- Peppers (red, yellow, green, sweet banana, hot banana)
- Tomatoes (cherry, grape, roma, etc.)
U Pick Weekday Admission
On weekdays there is a $2 entrance fee per person for our U Pick service. The admission helps to cover overhead, insurance, workers’ living wages and yearly improvements. Drive your car out to the field and pick fresh produce right in our fields! We are not funded by any state or federal agency. We welcome you onto our farm to enjoy how we have stewarded the blessing of owning the land.
There are no rain checks. We unfortunately cannot control the weather. Money will not be refunded due to poor weather. Pets are not allowed on our property, sorry for an inconvenience.
Check our ripening calendar to see when your favorite locally grown fruits and vegetables should be in season. We always suggest you give us a call at (219) 962-1383 to be sure we have produce available that is one your wish list.
Fruit Ripening Calendar
Vegetable Ripening Calendar
Learn About Our Upcoming Festivals
U Pick, Festival and Fun Farm Policies
- All guests visiting our U Pick fields are responsible for paying admission as well as paying for what they pick.
- Please pick only from the areas marked for picking. Do not enter fields nor pick from areas designated “not ready for picking”. Visit our “What You Can Pick Today“ page for current availability and refer to signs while on the farm.
- Dogs are not permitted at any time.
- The U Pick fields can handle foot traffic, but not cars—so please, no driving onto the fields during festival weekends. Our U Trams operate on a continuous loop during operational hours. Loading and unloading onto the wagons takes place at designated areas only. Please ensure you are at a proper location for pick up by following the posted signs.
- Bags and vehicles may be subject to search.
- Guests and visitors of Johnson’s Farm Produce visit the fields or participate in activities at their own risk.
- Photographs taken on the farm are property of Johnson’s Farm Produce and inherent permission is implied.
- Keep a safe distance from tractors and farm machinery as we are a working farm.
- Use trash cans and recycling bins to help keep our farm clean.
- Keep your children safe and help them keep the farm in its finest condition. No climbing, throwing, stepping on crops, or entering animal pastures.
Our prices are subject to change without notice.
All admission sales are final. We do not offer refunds or exchanges. We do not offer refunds due to weather. All activities subject to change without notice due to weather conditions. This farm is a smoke free environment. We do not allow smoking in the fields, orchards, market, or tented areas.
ALL visitors, guests, and customers of Johnson’s Farm Produce park and participate in all farm and U Pick activities AT THEIR OWN RISK.